Is it possible to guarantee my funeral services with The Amos Family at today’s prices?
- Yes, we offer a lifetime price guarantee option on our pre-arrangements. The lifetime guarantee pledges that when your pre-arrangement is completely funded, it will cover the costs of the services selected in your agreement with The Amos Family at the time of death.
If I pre-plan and prepay my funeral, how do I know those funds will be there to pay for my services when I pass away?
- The prearrangement process has two parts: the agreement with The Amos Family, and the funding of that agreement. When an agreement with The Amos Family is finalized and the funding of that agreement is complete, we guarantee the services will be performed, giving families complete peace of mind. It’s The Amos Family’s responsibility to select where the funds are placed to make sure they are available for payment upon death, not the families.
If I prepay my funeral, what happens to the interest that my policy earns?
- If you have a prearranged/funded funeral comprised of guaranteed items to be performed at no additional cost, the interest is retained by The Amos Family. The reason for that is to offset inflation of those specified goods and services over time. If the interest gained from the policy is more than the cost of the services, your family is refunded that money back, or it can be applied for additional services. That’s the value of prearranging and prefunding with The Amos Family at current prices.
What if I move away from the Kansas City area? What will happen with my pre-arrangement?
- The pre-arrangement is in your name, not under The Amos Family’s. This gives you the freedom to move your policy to another funeral home. The downside of switching to another funeral home is losing the price guarantee that you may have had with The Amos Family. This means you that would have to pay their current prices, but, would have all of the funds in your policy available to be transferred helping offset the cost.
Is it possible to change any of these prepaid funeral services later?
- Changes are definitely possible, but when changes are made, it can affect the terms of the guaranteed items under the original agreement.
With any additional questions please contact Parker Amos at 913-631-5566 or email@example.com