When Death Occurs
- Please notify us by phone at 913-631-5566. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day. Do not try to notify the funeral home of a death by e-mail or through the website.
- If death occurs at a hospital, nursing home, or other institution, simply instruct that facility to notify us.
- If the death occurs at home and the deceased is under hospice care, call the hospice provider and they will call the funeral home at the appropriate time.
- In cases of sudden death or when someone is found dead, you must call 911. Once the Coroner has released the decedent, the Police will call the funeral home for you.
- We will come over at the appropriate time and bring your loved one back to the funeral home. We do not take your loved one to a central holding facility; they are taken directly to our funeral home.
- If death occurs away from home, call the Amos Family at 913-631-5566, and we will make the necessary arrangements to have your loved one brought back here.
Accommodating Your Cremation Needs
The Amos Family offers an extensive selection of services to accommodate the entire community. We have developed a series of service packages, as well as providing many additional selections in order that the services you select will represent your faith, lifestyle and values. Our chapels are spacious and very comfortable. We can accommodate large crowds and small gatherings. All of our chapels are equipped with television monitors so that overflow crowds can see and hear the service.
We offer a wide selection of service items; register books, custom memorial folders, prayer cards, acknowledgment cards, cremation jewelry, thumb print jewelry, balloon releases, dove releases, butterfly releases, bag pipes, harpist and video tributes.